Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chained Analytic App - Choose the next app to open

Reggie1995
8 - Asteroid

Hey Community - Here is my question.

Analytic App 1 has 4 options for the user to select.  Once they select that, I want it to open the next analytic app.  For instance in the first interface the user selects option 1 >> Analytic app 1 will open next.  If they user selects option 2 >> Analytic app 2 will open.  So essentially the very first option will allow them to select which of the 4 apps to open next.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello @Reggie1995,

I am not sure it is possible to do so, but you could "combine" all them into an app that uses containers to decide which part of the workflow runs. Essentially have 4 radio buttons with each initial option. Nested in each radio button is the "next app", for lack of better words, that gives the users the correct options there. Finally each radio button would control the container that each "app" uses. 

Chained Apps.PNG

Obviously your app processes would be more involved and each app piece would have more interface tools than this picture.

Reggie1995
8 - Asteroid

@cplewis90 Boom!  This will get me the same result.  Appreciate it!  I will mark complete as well.

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

Hello,

I was trying to perform something similar and have done what you discribed.  It doesn't seem to be disabling the other containers for me and running all of them.  Is there some other area that needs to be set?  When I look at the Tree View of Interface Designer, the four radio buttons are there (i.e., the questions) and on the right (under actions) all the actions for the four radio buttins are under "No Condition: (Always Run)".  I would think it should have a condition based on selection.  There is no way for me to change these conditions within the Interface Designer.  For each of the radio button tools, the Default Value is unchecked and the Collapse Group When Deselected is checked.  

Thanks,

Neil

Labels