Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chain analytical apps - XML - Do not want to have to select the file twice!!!!

nzp1
5 - Atom

I have an xml file that I need to extract a control list to act as a drop-down list to populate the input tool of the same XML to update the XML Child Element value.   I have been able to chain the workflows together to get the control list but I can not output the output of XML to an Alteryx database because of the design of the XML file.   Is there a way to push the file name that I select on first workflow app so I don't have to select it on the second.  I have tried a few things without success any tricks would be great. 

1 REPLY 1
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In the input tool of your 1st app, include the full path as a field, then use a sample and select tool to create a dataset with a single column [filename] and just one row containing the path and filename of your xml file and write this to a yxdb file.

In your 2nd app you can now load this file with an input data tool which then feeds a dynamic input tool that gets its file path from the [filename] field.

Labels