Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Certain dates

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

Good morning Alteryx community, 

I am wanting to only pull certain dates. I am building two reports within my one Alteryx flow. The first report I only want Feb 2019 through Jan 2020. The the next report Feb 2020 to present. What formula do I put in the filter tool to get those results? 

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Plewis1 

Do you have a sample of your dataset so we can help you better?

Cheers,

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

I attached the flow at the bottom. If you don't mind looking over it and making sure everything else look professional. Also, if I was wanting to put both reports on the same excel book but different tabs, how would I do that? 

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Plewis1 ,

Hi!  Thanks for the post.  I'm using it for a youtube opportunity to answer the community.  We've answered your post with a skeleton workflow to demonstrate the separation of a single source of data into two processes within one workflow.  Please check it out!!!

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Plewis1 ,

As @Thableaus requested, you replied with a YXMD file.  Unfortunately, it doesn't include the real data.  None the less I do think that the approach given in my skeleton will work for you.  I was pleased to see your filters and how you used the datetimediff() function.  It is consistent with our solution.  You only need to read the input file once and you can use the last filter for separating the data.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S.  If you ever want to export real data, please use OPTION -> Export Workflow and check the boxes for your inputs.

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

I'm sorry, but I don't get the skeleton flow. I see how to start it from a certain date but I'm not seeing how to stop it at a certain date. Then proceed again from a certain date which would be in a different sheet. Is there an actual formula for that? 

Plewis1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much Mark for reaching out to me. It shows the care you have to help others grow within the Alteryx community. You have showed me how to simplify my flow which in turn saves time. Now I understand how to use certain dates and having them outputted using the True and False functions within the filter tools. Here is the example we used to achieve that goal. 

Plewis1_0-1592581262771.png

Thank you Mark. 

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Plewis1,

Thanks for the contribution and the opportunity for me to help not only you, but hopefully others too.  I am attaching links to my YouTube videos on your post.  Anyone giving likes or subscribing will be doing me a favor by doing so.

Solve - Video 

Follow-up to initial video 

Cheers,

Mark

Labels