Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Certain Connection Types throw "internal error in SRC_GetAllAliasIds_Raw"

MJ
8 - Asteroid

Anyone seen this error before?   zero search results...

It appears right after I try to add a new SQL Server or Oracle connection (from the first menu).  ODBC and OCI work fine and these connections work for a team member.  

Using 2018.1.4 now; same error happened for me on 11.5 and I was hoping it would go away after upgrading :/

2018-06-28_17-15-04.png

6 REPLIES 6
din-mend
5 - Atom

I am also seeing this error and the update doesn't seem to fix it. Would love to know why this might be happening.

MJ
8 - Asteroid

Going to the Manage Data Connections menu gives me this different Unhandled Exceptions popup message below.  After dismissing the error an empty window appears with only the title bar showing "Manage Data Connections"

2018-07-05_11-37-32.png

I've submitted a support ticket this morning since there has been no activity here...

Case # 00221260

MJ
8 - Asteroid

Hey Everyone!  

Support dude and I did the following workaround to resolve the issue:  

1. Close Alteryx
  2. Navigate to C\Windows\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine 
  3. Create a back up of the GalleryAlias.xml in that same folder.  (I just did a copy and paste)
  4. Delete the original GalleryAlias.xml
  5. Relaunch Alteryx
  6. New GalleryAlias.xml is created & D O N E

2018-07-06_11-45-40.jpg

Seems to have been caused by an old Altyerx Gallery connection not playing nice with the new one...

Take it easy :)

ctam
5 - Atom

Thanks! Your solution fixed it for me.

Sandeep1
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I am getting same error How can we resolve it.

cneivam
9 - Comet

So simple and so effective. Thanks, solved in here!

Labels