Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Categories and Subcategories count together

domeckn
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Looking to show a count of a manager and sub-manager next to each other for a number of categories, I am unable to attach a workflow, so please see the below sample data:

InquiryManagerSub-managerDays to Close
1BillNick17
2AmyJason13
3AmyJenny42
4RoySydney24
5BillLiz29
6AmyJason19
7BillLiz34
8AmyRick53
9RoySydney11

The output I would be looking for is below:

Manager15-35 Day Count36+ Day CountSub-manager15-35 Day Count35+ Day Count
Bill30Nick10
Bill30Liz20
Amy12Jason10
Amy12Jenny01
Amy12Rick01
Roy10Sydney10

I feel like this shouldn't be as difficult as I am making it, I am trying to do my four counts separately and then do a join multiple, but that keeps getting me a bunch of extra rows. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @domeckn 

The attached workflow shows how I would approach this problem. First I created a column that is either 1 or 0 based on which count group that row belongs to. Then I used two different Summarize tools to group that data up then finally a Join to bring it back together. 

Hope this helps!

Kenda_0-1605206056632.png

Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

hi @domeckn 

please see attached excel for input and worklow.

it solves your solution. please let me know if its an acceptable solution. if you have any questions or need more changes then let me know.

thanks 🙂

Labels