Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Capturing warning after the workflow run and send email.

Venkatesh23
7 - Meteor

Hello guys,

Is there a way to capture the warning messages after running the workflow. If a warning is there then send an email and if the warning is not there don't send the email.

Thanks in Advance,

Venkatesh

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Yes, this behaviour is available on the events tab, which is available on the canvas configuration pane.

Here you can hit 'add' and then 'send email'.

You can then set when you want the email to send (one option being 'when workflows runs with errors'). By default the workflow will include the log (the results window detail essentially, this is designated by %log%.

Ben
Venkatesh23
7 - Meteor

Hi @BenMoss,

Thanks for your response.

However, my concern is not related to error events. I would like to see if there is any possibility to send emails only in case of warnings rather than errors.

Thanks-

Venkatesh

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Hmmm.

Perhaps you could utilise the 'when workflow runs' so the email always sends; then build an email rule that will block the email should it not contain warnings and errors.

Ben
Verenala4
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

So sorry to tag on to this older post but I am exactly in the same situation and not sure how I would build this email rule to only send out an email if it contains warnings. (Plus point if it could run only if it is a specific warning, ignoring others)

Could you maybe show how you would build this out or provide a sample workflow?

Thank you,

V

Venkatesh23
7 - Meteor

@Verenala4  sorry I was trying to build the workflow as per the above requirement. But I was not successful in building that workflow. 

I think @BenMoss could help you out.

Venkatesh

Labels