Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Capturing Alteryx Workflow

seldoc-2022
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am fairly new to Alteryx, and I was wondering if there is a means of capturing each step that occurs in an Alteryx workflow in text format. With maybe details of what is going on at each step. 

Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

In terms of getting this automatically, I believe the closest you can get is by selecting 'Show w/Tool Names' in the Canvas > Annotations (you can access this configuration by just clicking in any blank space on your canvas). That shows a brief summary of what's happening in each tool:

DataNath_0-1652868554801.png

For conducting this manually in the interest of documentation, you can go to the 'Documentation' tab and bring on things like comments, so you can catalogue your flow as shown here:

DataNath_1-1652868634345.png

I'm not aware of any automatic text output (like a word document/PDF) that contains all of the steps and configurations.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @seldoc-2022 have a look at this article.

seldoc-2022
5 - Atom

Hi Joseph,

This seems to be the solution to the issue. I am just running into the problem of editing the python script over my remote desktop, I will have a conversation with IT about that. But this is definitely it thanks so much!

Labels