Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Canvas layout

AKB
8 - Asteroid
The docking functionality for the various Designer windows - workflow, results, configuration of tools - is not entirely clear to me. Can I have a horizontal workflow, doublewide, over two single wide windows, say results on the left, and tool configuration on the right, that is, sort of an upside down U? Is there someplace that shows the possible designer window layouts? Thx! AKB
6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AKB if you click and hold and one of the view window you can see where you can dock on the canvas. You can also have the views as floating windows as well and on a second screen depending on your setup.Canvas.PNG

AKB
8 - Asteroid
HI JS420 -

The docking directions are north/south/east/west essentially. I'd like to dock the results in the southwest and tool configuration in the southeast, respectively, but this doesn't appear to be possible. Is that correct?

How do I make a floating configuration, please? I have three monitors and could possibly utilize that.

Thx - AKB

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee and contains confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Furthermore, please do not copy the message or disclose the contents to anyone unless agreed otherwise. To the extent permitted by law we shall in no way be liable for any damages, whatever their nature, arising out of transmission failures, viruses, external influence, delays and the like.
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AKB to make the windows floating you just need to click and hold on a view windows e.g. the results and then drag onto a respective screen. In term of your question you are correct, you can only dock the windows North, South, East and West.  

AKB
8 - Asteroid
Hi JS420,

Thank you - I made a floating window for the tool configuration and dragged it onto my 3rd monitor. When I choose a different tool to see its configuration, however, the floating window jumps to a different position, off-screen even, and I have to move it back. Is there a way to lock it down other than docking? Having to unnecessarily adjust windows with a mind of their own is less than optimal.

Thx -

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee and contains confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Furthermore, please do not copy the message or disclose the contents to anyone unless agreed otherwise. To the extent permitted by law we shall in no way be liable for any damages, whatever their nature, arising out of transmission failures, viruses, external influence, delays and the like.
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AKB another way is Tabbed Document however don't think that would be appropriate in your situation. This link explains all the possible way to customize your interface https://help.alteryx.com/current/Getting_Started/CustomizeUserInterface.htm .

AKB
8 - Asteroid
Hello JS420,

Thank you again. The floating window solution works reasonably well - it jumps only once from where it has been placed and seems stable thereafter.

AKB

Labels