Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot upload to SFTP

aarabian
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have tried 3 different methods to upload a file to an SFTP site but all have failed. They were:

-The SKOPOS SFTP tool (currently only the download tool is available

-The invisio SFTP macro tool (on the Run Command section, it says it cannot find the "temp.csv" file and when I create one in the designated folder and then hit run again, that folder disappears and another generates without that temp.csv in it)

-The recommended Alteryx way of converting a csv into a blob, then using the download tool to connect to the SFTP server.

I would like to use the third option as it seems to be the most promising, but for some reason the error I keep receiving is "Couldn't connect to server." The URL is sftp.[company_name].com/Inbound and I have entered in my username and password, so I am not too sure why it can't connect. Private keys are not needed and the file does successfully convert into a blob.

aarabian_0-1627389700206.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated because of all the forums I've read so far, for all 3 of the above mentioned options, nothing has really helped me solve this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
aarabian
6 - Meteoroid

After adding "sftp://" to the beginning of the URL, I now have a new error: "Error transferring data: Error in the SSH layer." Now trying to figure out what this means!

aarabian
6 - Meteoroid

As suggested in another article, I then appended the port number, ":22" to the end of the URL and that seemed to work.

Labels