Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot rename Macro Output and Input tools

minam
7 - Meteor

Hi,

The Macro Input and Output tools that I add to my iterative macro workflow are not getting renamed. The configuration window of the tool shows the updated name, but in the canvas it remains unchanged. Am I missing something or is this a limitation of my ADAPT license?

Relevant files attached.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @minam 

You will want to go into the tool annotation (price tag looking icon) and you should be able to update the label there. The Output Name is more of a tool label than anything. 

BrandonB_0-1629406066141.png

minam
7 - Meteor

Thanks @BrandonB, the name was updated when I made changes under the tool annotation as you suggested. It still has "Output" appended in the name which I think might be by design for a clearer indication.  

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, you are correct! Funny enough I actually hadn't come across the behavior before because I'm normally just changing the anchor labels, not necessarily annotating the outputs themselves. The same behavior will occur when adding/changing an anchor.

BrandonB_0-1629434345997.png

Labels