Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot connect to a Microsoft Access Table

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to input/connect to data from a table in Microsoft Access 2016. However, I am receiving the following error; Can't create data source object (see attached). Anyone know what I need to do to fix it?

I am running Alteryx version 2019.1.6.58912

7 REPLIES 7
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Do you have the Microsoft Access Database Engine installed?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

This solved my issue. Thanks!

Sagarika_k
6 - Meteoroid

I have ODBC driver installed. Do I still need Access Database Engine installation? Please help new to Alteryx

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sagarika_k yes, if you need to connect to access databases

Sagarika_k
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the quick turn around, while I am installing Access Database Engine. I would like to elaborate a little on the issue I am facing.

My alteryx workflow input tool can access Access DB Table which is connected to my Outlook Email Folder.

But the input tool throws an error when Access DB is converted to a Linked Table (Again Outlook Email Linked Table)

Do you think connecting Alteryx input tool to Access DB linked table is throwing the error?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sagarika_k would you mind creating a new topic thread? That way others can see that your issue isn't resolved yet so that we aren't responding to a resolved thread for a different issue. In the new topic please provide the error message that you are seeing to help troubleshoot the issue. 

Sagarika_k
6 - Meteoroid
Labels