Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot connect to a Microsoft Access Table

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to input/connect to data from a table in Microsoft Access 2016. However, I am receiving the following error; Can't create data source object (see attached). Anyone know what I need to do to fix it?

I am running Alteryx version 2019.1.6.58912

7 REPLIES 7
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Do you have the Microsoft Access Database Engine installed?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

This solved my issue. Thanks!

Sagarika_k
6 - Meteoroid

I have ODBC driver installed. Do I still need Access Database Engine installation? Please help new to Alteryx

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sagarika_k yes, if you need to connect to access databases

Sagarika_k
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the quick turn around, while I am installing Access Database Engine. I would like to elaborate a little on the issue I am facing.

My alteryx workflow input tool can access Access DB Table which is connected to my Outlook Email Folder.

But the input tool throws an error when Access DB is converted to a Linked Table (Again Outlook Email Linked Table)

Do you think connecting Alteryx input tool to Access DB linked table is throwing the error?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sagarika_k would you mind creating a new topic thread? That way others can see that your issue isn't resolved yet so that we aren't responding to a resolved thread for a different issue. In the new topic please provide the error message that you are seeing to help troubleshoot the issue. 

Sagarika_k
6 - Meteoroid
Labels