Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot Schedule Workflow

amruta
7 - Meteor

cannot schedule workflow on the gallery for the newly setup TEST server.

I have admin rights, what settings needs to be changed so that users can schedule the workflows.

Under admin, Enable user to schedule workflows is enabled.

error2.png

below error-

error.png

12 REPLIES 12
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Does this workflow feature any tools or events like Run Command, Email, R, or Download?

Page 22 talks about the tool restrictions and how to change the settings:

http://downloads.alteryx.com/Documentation/Alteryx%20Server%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Are you/your private studio the owner of this content? It doesn't appear so as I cannot see the workflow settings piece?
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Just by looking at the message it seems related to this specific workflow, but, something else to add is that workflow scheduling abilities can be set at a user level (I'm pretty sure), irrespective of if you are an admin or not.
amruta
7 - Meteor

no, it is a simple workflow reading from network path, doing some transformations and writing output to same shared path.

The issue is not specific to this workflow, there are 2 other workflows have the same issue.

amruta
7 - Meteor

I have published the workflow to my private studio, I am the owner of workflow who published it, but still the schedule button is disabled.

amruta
7 - Meteor

ah, got it. as this is newly setup server the Schedule workflow setting was defaulted to NO. This solved my issue.

error2.png

msivakumar
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Amruta,

Could you please let me know where do you find this option in the Alteryx Server?

Kind Regards

Muthu Raman SIvakumar

Berger
5 - Atom

Muthu Raman SIvakumar,

I was having a similar problem and was able to find the setting to enable the action to schedule jobs. Log on as Admin->Go to users-> Select the user->The Actions are listed for the user but I still get the same error.

Chris

Berger
5 - Atom

Muthu Raman SIvakumar,

If you still get the error after you set the actions to YES for scheduling a job for a user and have the option set to Yes for Jobs then you probably need to remove the job from your home and add it back to the home. That resolved my issue.

Thanks

Chris

Labels