Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cancel running Analytical App still runs Command Prompt events

SomuDev
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am running an Analytical App everyday. Sometime I cancel the Analytical App while running. But the issue is, command prompt event (After Run without any errors) still runs. My need is when I stop the running Analytical App, the command Prompt events should also stop. Please help.

Thanks.  

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @SomuDev,

My first question is why are you cancelling the Analytic Apps? Could you run your command through the Run Command tool instead of using an event?

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1593774634833.png

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1593774609138.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

SomuDev
5 - Atom

Hi @Jonathan-Sherman

Firstly, I am testing my app. Sometimes I had to cancel while App is running. After testing I will giving the app to my customer who might cancel while the app is running for some reason and If they do cancel, I want the app to stop all process. 

Secondly, to use run command tool, I have to create another workflow just for that because I want my first workflow to run 100% and then trigger the second workflow to run command because results of first workflow is input for command prompt events. I can do that but would like to know if the run command tool could be used without adding write source and read results. Though it states optional, I had to give some dummy write source file and read result result file. is it really optional and am I missing something or we have to still give some files to those fields? I am trying to eliminate the dummy files.

I posted this question to know in case there is an option to stop all process if user cancel the workflow. kind of an error when user cancel the workflow since I have checked "Cancel Running workflow on error"

Thank you @Jonathan-Sherman. Appreciate your help.

Labels