Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cancel running Analytical App still runs Command Prompt events

SomuDev
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am running an Analytical App everyday. Sometime I cancel the Analytical App while running. But the issue is, command prompt event (After Run without any errors) still runs. My need is when I stop the running Analytical App, the command Prompt events should also stop. Please help.

Thanks.  

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @SomuDev,

My first question is why are you cancelling the Analytic Apps? Could you run your command through the Run Command tool instead of using an event?

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1593774634833.png

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1593774609138.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

SomuDev
5 - Atom

Hi @Jonathan-Sherman

Firstly, I am testing my app. Sometimes I had to cancel while App is running. After testing I will giving the app to my customer who might cancel while the app is running for some reason and If they do cancel, I want the app to stop all process. 

Secondly, to use run command tool, I have to create another workflow just for that because I want my first workflow to run 100% and then trigger the second workflow to run command because results of first workflow is input for command prompt events. I can do that but would like to know if the run command tool could be used without adding write source and read results. Though it states optional, I had to give some dummy write source file and read result result file. is it really optional and am I missing something or we have to still give some files to those fields? I am trying to eliminate the dummy files.

I posted this question to know in case there is an option to stop all process if user cancel the workflow. kind of an error when user cancel the workflow since I have checked "Cancel Running workflow on error"

Thank you @Jonathan-Sherman. Appreciate your help.

Labels