Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can you use 2 actions to update a single filter formula ?

pjandliz
7 - Meteor

I'm using the Date Tool to get a Start and End Date to pass to a filter; I have the 2 tools connected to a Filter Tool via Action Tools identically however the Start Date update works but not the End Date.

The selected StartDate action replaces the text "StartDate" however the EndDate action doesn't seem to replace "EndDate" in the following Filter formula:

ToDate([Date]) >= "StartDate" AND
ToDate([Date]) <= "EndDate"

Is it possible to do the two replaces in the Filter formula this way? Thx

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@pjandliz ,

yes!  There's probably an error in the action tool configuration. 

make sure that you've selected properly the end date and send us a pic please. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
pjandliz
7 - Meteor

Hi

This is what I've set up - I've even split out the filter formula into 2
parts with the Start & End data actions acting on separate Filter Tools but
with no success.

Attached is the workflow with a Text Input tool with some sample data. It
seems to be ignoring both Start and End date (I thought the Start date was
OK but I may not have noticed it being wrong or changed something to break
it).

Many thanks.

Kind regards

Paul

pjandliz
7 - Meteor

OK, I've now got this solved finally.

I found the answer in this post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Update-Value-Action-tool-not-working/t...

I had no idea I needed to select something specific in the Value or Attribute to change box for the Action (now I see the heading, it makes more sense now!) - in the absence of clarity in the 'how to' guide (or a clear enough example) I was under the impression the Action would replace the text value I specified in my filter formula. 

Thanks to marqueecrew for taking the time to help me too.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

In this case, since @MarqueeCrew provided guidance in helping you find the solution, I've marked his reply as a solution as well.

Thank you!

Dan

Labels