Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can you identify trends between 2 date ranges?

MS0121
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I am currently looking through a clients sickness data to identify trends and patterns per an employee. 

I have added dummy data below and pretty much I am wondering if there a tool(s) in Alteryx which can identify trends per an employee name?

For example, on the dummy data below we can see John Smith has been taking off the first 14 days for 3 months in a row and has an identical reason for each one. 

Dave Ruby below, seems to be taking off a specific Thursday each month and for the same reason. 

Is there a way to do this automatically within Alteryx for 500 rows of data? I can see how it can be done within Excel but of course, Alteryx would be easier. 

Employee Name Sickness DateSickness Date Work DayReturn Date Return Date Work DaySickness Reason
John Smith01/01/2022Monday14/01/2022MondayHeadache 
John Smith01/02/2022Monday14/02/2022MondayHeadache 
John Smith01/03/2022Monday14/03/2022MondayHeadache & Fever
Dave ruby23/06/2022Thursday24/06/2022FridayCovid 
Dave ruby23/07/2022Thursday24/07/2022FridayCovid
Dave ruby23/08/2022Thursday23/08/2022FridayCovid

Thanks for your time and help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Sarreddy
9 - Comet

@MS0121 

Is it expected output like this.

Sarreddy_0-1669206377016.png

Ajith

MS0121
6 - Meteoroid

Hey, thanks for the response and help. 

I was after something like:

There is a trend where David Ruby takes off the 3rd Thursday of each month and the reason is Covid. With the results data formatted. 

Guess if there isn't a way to do it, I can do it via countifs in Excel?

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@MS0121 

Can you provide us a sample output, please?

MS0121
6 - Meteoroid

Just something to:

Finds a pattern on days. E.g. is there a certain day or date an employee is taking off sick? This would count as a trend/pattern which needs to be looked into further.

Is there a pattern with a sickness reason per employee? something else to look out. Can probably use the summarise tool for this.

Overall, looking for something to find the trends for me. I guess something like Benfords law but for this type of data

Labels