Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can you export groups of data dynamically to their own tab in excel?

bdpowell
7 - Meteor

Good Morning!

I have a workflow that essentially takes all excel files in a folder and unions them together.

I have started by pulling in 4 excels and I have the file name output to a column. My question is, is there a way I can group the data by the unique file name and export them to 4 different tabs?

This workflow can have anywhere from 2-3 excels to 20 excels being combined. So i need to build the workflow to update accordingly.

Example output similar to what i have is attached. So im looking to export each group of manifests to their own respective tabs. 

Thank you!

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Absolutely! If you're familiar with the Output tool functionality to use an output path you specify in a formula: you can add the Excel sheet name to that path and it will dynamically write to all the sheets you specify.

I've attached an example I built last week showing how this can be done. This example writes records to sheets based on the contents of the "Stuff" field.

bdpowell
7 - Meteor

Charlie that is exactly the direction i was looking for. Thank you so much for the help!

Labels