Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can you control Excel sheet placement?

Cmcguire
6 - Meteoroid

I was wondering if it was possible to control where a sheet is dropped in Excel? So far as I can tell, I can only override a sheet that already exists or add it to the end, after all the other sheets.

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Cmcguire, are you looking to control the order of sheets in an excel output? I have numbered the excel tab names in the past to control the order of sheets, i.e. 1.REGION 2.AREA 3.CITY etc. 

Cmcguire
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to add them to an excel document that already exists. In a perfect world I'll be able to have the sheets have the date on them. So if the program was run today it would open to the Overview sheet, with the next sheet being 10/6/2020, followed by 10/5/2020 and so on.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Cmcguire 

Thats doable using dynamic renaming of a column which will be passed to output Tool to split into sheets.

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels