Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can we run windows CMD commands in Run Command tool

pkkrish22
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Can we run DEL command directly by passing the file name path as Argument in RUN Command tool ? will that work because when i tried using DEL in RUN command tool, i got this error " Run Command (1) Failed to run external program "del": The system cannot find the file specified."

Please let me know what is the issue

4 REPLIES 4
AmNotARobot
8 - Asteroid

Hello pkkrish22,

DanM, Community Operations Manager, has an interesting post on the topic of 'Batch Files in Alteryx Part 3: Deleting Files'; it is part of a larger series of very helpful hints.

You can find the post as follows...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Batch-Files-in-Alteryx-Part-3-Deleting-Files...

Hope this helps directly, or allows you to change your algorithm to work better with designer.

Cheers, AmNotARobot

pkkrish22
7 - Meteor

Hi AmNotARobot,

Thanks for you solution for deleting the files. but i asked Can we use DEL command in RUN command tool. Please let me know

AmNotARobot
8 - Asteroid

Hello pkkrish22,

Yes we can use DEL within the Run Command tool.

I have created a quick little example (see attached), which may help.

Does this make sense?

Cheers, AmNotARobot

AD
Alteryx
Alteryx

We can actually run it directly, without creating .bat file. You just need to set
cmd
as command and set
/c del "<file_to_delete>"
to parameters like in the image

Labels