Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't transpose for the life of me - help please

smurad008
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

I want to take my data set and transpose it so I can get gross profit by Jurisdiction. 

smurad008_0-1589310619167.png

The highlighted Rows is what I want to transpose so it looks like this below: 

smurad008_1-1589310662392.png

I used the:

1. The sample tool to get my rows but not sure how to skip blanks. I did skip first two rows, then I put keep the rows I need then remove the rest again
  2. After that I tried to use the cross tab tool or the transpose but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. 

Please any help is needed. 

File attached. 

After I get this data - I have another list that has the entity numbers and corresponding country, so I can join the two data sets, then pop it in Power BI or Tableau. What do you think is best? First time connecting to Power BI or Tableau.

Any advice is appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Hi @smurad008,

You'll likely want to separate the headers from the data, Transpose both, then Join back together into your desired field structure:

2.PNG 

TerryT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is my implementation:

TerryT_0-1589314835200.png

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Labels