Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't see Custom Dimensions or Goals with Google Analytics Connector

sophiejubert
6 - Meteoroid

Hello there,

I am trying out the google analytics connector and unfortunately I am unable to see any of my custom dimensions or custom goals from the list of options in the connector. 

Anyone have any tips on this?

thank you!

Sophie

10 REPLIES 10
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Under Tips & Tricks (down towards the bottom) here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-How-to-Guide-to-Google-Analytic...

It says " When querying custom metrics, dimensions, or segments, you can only be allowed to select a certain combination. The GA tool will notify you of this."  Did you get this? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
sophiejubert
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the response.  No I never received that message. Unfortunately, I don't see the custom dimensions appearing regardless of the combination.  Ex: If I try to search for only a custom dimension or goal nothing appears. 

Here's screen shot of what I see when I try to find either my custom goals or dimensions in the drop downs. Strange because I can access those same dimensions and goals in the Tableau connector so I don't think it has anything to do with my level of permission settings with the API.

sophiejubert_0-1597770763561.png

sophiejubert_1-1597770784644.png

sophiejubert
6 - Meteoroid

It was a permissions thing after all! Success at last!

sophiejubert_0-1597771585356.png

luma
5 - Atom

Can you please share what was the permission issue? What additional permissions are needed to pull the custom dimensions?

Nutan_NT
5 - Atom

Could you please share what type of permission was needed, I am facing the same issue.

RoMendez
5 - Atom

I am also having this issue. Also the success screenshot doesn't show any custom dimensions? Any ideas how to resolve the issue of accessing custom dimensions in Alteryx?

sophiejubert
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! Sorry for the slow reply, I am just seeing these. 

I believe that if you can see custom dimensions in google analytics then you should be able to see them in Alteryx.  Try saving your workflow with the google analytics connector already configured. Then search for "ga:dimension" in the dimensions pane. 

sophiejubert
6 - Meteoroid

sophiejubert_0-1624317737510.png

This is how mine looks

RoMendez
5 - Atom

Hi, Saving and reopening the project solved the issue! Thank you.

Labels