Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't locate the RUN button in Alteryx

Jack6627
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am unable to locate the Run button on Alteryx Designer. I followed the instructions provided within this post How to Resolve display issues in Designer - Alteryx Community but I haven't been able to fix the problem. I am using Alteryx Non-Admin Designer Version 2021.3.1.47945. Attached is a screenshot of what my interface looks like right now.

Jack6627_0-1636523947781.png

Any help would be much appreciated! 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Jack6627 im sorry you are running into this issue! The cause is a known issue with Designer windows set as tabbed documents - in the screenshot I can see that you have the Results window tabbed.

To resolve:

1. Close the Results window tab - I would recommend docking it in a different location. You can right-click the tab and select from one of the options.
  2. Restart Designer. You should now see the run button.

Alternatively, you can restore Designer to its default settings by going to Options -> User Settings -> Restore Default Settings.

Unfortunately, this means you cannot continue to have the windows docked - I personally have the Interface Designer always docked for me, so I understand your pain!

This will be resolved in a future release. If you wish to keep your tab, an alternate would be to use the Ctrl + R shortcut to run a workflow.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Jack6627
8 - Asteroid

@SophiaF, thank you very much for your assistance with this! 🙂

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your help, @SophiaF!

@Jack6627, I moved your post to the Designer Discussions board so other users that might run into the same issue can find the solution easily. 😉

Flávia Brancato
vijaysuryav93
7 - Meteor

Thanks @SophiaF, It was helpful :) 

Labels