Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't input an yxdb file that I just created

akaur
8 - Asteroid

I have no idea what is going on that I can't input the file that I just created.

I ran a data over 3 month period and performed selects and filters and then created a yxdb file so that I can just take that file and do what I need to do next (build models etc).  I didn't want the data to run everytime I changed my mind about what tool to use to get some results (i'm pulled the data directly from our database into Alteryx and that's why I created the file so I wasn't creating run problems for everyone else). 

I opened a new workflow and went into the folder where I had saved the workflow and the file that I'm talking about above.  I picked input data tool to bring in the file and the file is no where to be found.

I went into my folder to see if it actually existed.  It shows the file in my folder but I can't see that when I'm doing the Input data.  THis is too unsettling for me.  I have spent enough time to figure it out on my own but that didn't help.

What am I doing wrong here?

3 REPLIES 3
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

You could try, in the Input Data tool's File Browse... try setting the "Files of Type" dropdown to "All Files" ... this way there will be no filter in your display based on file type.  Or, if you know it's a .yxdb file type, set the filter to that.

Hope that helps!

akaur
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your response.  I was doing exactly what you suggested but it didn't work.  I walked away, had our IT person look at what was going on.  No one knows but I have access to files now.

No idea what the issue was and why i wasn't able to access files.  Now I see all of my files.

Thank you.

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Glad to hear it's working.  Chalk it up to "fixed by another set of eyes."  :-)

Labels