Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't import fixed decimal in a flat file config.

LeandroDamato
6 - Meteoroid

Hey guys, I have some records in a file that is .txt and needs to be formatted by a flat file so it appears as it is supposed to.

So here's how I did it, I chose this option:

LeandroDamato_1-1624546297040.png

Then I delimited as the support file that I have where it says how much characters each column should have. E.g. the field "Empresa" has 4 strings in the clients, file so I went in there and selected the first 4 strings:

LeandroDamato_3-1624546461232.png

And so i did it the same for each field for the rest of the file. The problem is the fields that were fixed decimal (LOCAL VALUE / OUTSIDE VALUE) are displaying as null and I don't know why. I've arranged a way that works by separating the fields in 3 columns each: one column were the integer number before the decimals, the decimal separator and, the 2 decimal digits. But I would really appreciate to know how to do it the "proper" way.

I've attached all the files that were used. Please change the "Import Settings_v1" to .flat (it's not a supported file to attach in here).

4 REPLIES 4
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Can you put the YXMD file here too?
My ideia is to import these collumns as string then parse in the workflow...

LeandroDamato
6 - Meteoroid

SOLVED

Actually after messing around I figured it out...Alteryx won't read my value as Fix. Dec. because it doesn't recognizes comma as decimal separator and in my country the decimals are separated as that.

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @LeandroDamato 

Try importing the field as a string to start. you can then convert it to a FixedDecimal using the Select Tool. Just make sure that you select the "Use commas as decimal separators (String/Numeric conversion only)" option at the bottom. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1624548794118.png

After that, the data will come through correctly. 

Maskell_Rascal_1-1624548830573.png

If this solves the problem please mark answer as correct, if not let me know!

Cheers!

Phil

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

user settings localization will allow you to put commas in lieu of . as decimal separator.

Labels