Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't get my first App to work!

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to put into practice what I learned at Inspire, but am striking out!  I've reduced and reduced the scope of what I'm trying to do, which is to simply pass a variable to a workflow.  It was so easy when we were all together, but now I can't recreate the steps.  Clearly I'm missing something basic, but I can't get the attached to work at all.  Can someone point out my error?

All this file does is to take some data, ask for an escalation rate, and then multiply the values.

2 REPLIES 2
Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

@MsBindy

Great job jumping right into it after Inspire!

Your app works, but your output is a browse tool. Browses are just for working within Designer, they don't do anything in apps. Apps need to write to somewhere.

So you want to use an Output Data tool to get results.

Cheers,

Bob

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Donna,

If you open the Interface Designer and go to the wrench Icon, you can check the browse to display data at the end of the run.  Also you can output to a CSV or Excel or other file format.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels