Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't get email tool to display email correctly

Adam_Dooley
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow where I'm intending to put a few reporting elements together into an email, a table and a line of text with a Link.  The Browse output (left screenshot) shows exactly what I want to see, but when I connect that to the email tool, the email tool breaks it into 6 different emails.  The body of the email tool chooses the "Text" field which is correct.  I know the Email tool is a little wonky where it will send an email for every record, but when I've tried to put a Unique tool before the email tool, the resulting email just picks up the first record. 

Maybe there's some other Reporting tool to use here?  Any thoughts on how to display this correctly? 

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I can't be certain because you didn't include an example, but I think all of these elements are on separate rows and the email tool processes them individually. If so, I would use a layout tool to pull them into one object (arranged vertically) and then use the email tool.

Adam_Dooley
8 - Asteroid

Boo ya that did it!  Thank you @TonyA 

Labels