Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't get Dropdown in App to update value in workflow stream

JHerzog
7 - Meteor

I've attached a sample workflow to try to get a solution for the following issue detailed below.

The full workflow will be scheduled in our company Gallery to run on the 1st of every month and every Saturday. This attached section, of what is a much larger workflow, will auto set the frequency value needed by some downstream dynamic input queries (not include in the attached sample). I'm having trouble getting the value selected from the Interface Drop Down to replace the value of the LoadFrequency field value coming out of the Macro results. I've attached my Interface Download tool to a Select tool in the hopes I could replace the value of LoadFrequency when this workflow is run ad hoc instead of scheduled. Because if it is scheduled to run on a day other than the 1st day or the month or a Saturday the macro will output "Other" and the later guts of the larger workflow will do nothing. So I want to be able to run this ad hoc selecting Interface params to replace the LoadFrequncy field value with "Weekly" or "Monthly" as needed.

I've attempted every "Update Value" action tool option but it either throws an error or completes but does not replace the value of "Other" with the value selected in the Interface Drop Down tool. 

HELP, this is driving me nuts and it can't be this hard to change the value of a field in a work stream.

1 REPLY 1
JHerzog
7 - Meteor

I found my own solution. I added a Formula tool and then connected the Interface Drop Down tool to the Formula tool instead of the Select tool. I also change the Drop Down Properties to add a single quoted string as the value passed into the Formula tool.

Labels