Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can't find plugin "AlteryxRPluginEngine.dll"

MeanLeanDean
8 - Asteroid

After updating to v2021.2.1 yesterday, I started getting this error: 

Error: TS Forecast Factory (233): Tool #20: Can't find plugin "AlteryxRPluginEngine.dll"

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Alteryx Intelligence Suite (2021.2) to no avail.

What changed?  And how do I fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

When you updated to v2021.2.1 did you also install the corresponding R tools too? The download/executable should look something like "RInstaller_2021.2.1.exe"

MeanLeanDean
8 - Asteroid

Charles, yes, three times. But a different File name: AlteryxAISInstall_2021.2.1.35394.exe.  There's no "RInstaller_2021.2.1.exe" option on my licenses page.  However, this AI installer does install all the same R libraries.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MeanLeanDean ,

You don't have these when you go to download the designer?

mceleavey_0-1621866874731.png

M.

Bulien

MeanLeanDean
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey I do not.  Not with this 2021.2.1 update.  It all was there with the 2021.2 update.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Interesting.

Try this link, and if that doesn't work I would raise a ticket with Alteryx support:

https://download.flexnetoperations.com/279109/1280/367/18015367/AlteryxNonAdminInstallx64_2021.2.1.3...

M.

Bulien

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This appears correct when I view the downloads page.  If it has not been fixed in your view, then definitely contact Support.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Lisa_M
8 - Asteroid

I've got the same problem - am seriously regretting my life choices in installing 2021.2!

Did you raise a ticket with Alteryx support?

MeanLeanDean
8 - Asteroid

I did raise a ticket and they fixed pretty fast.  For some reason, the R tools license wasn't showing up for me and some other was in its place and I assumed is was just a renamed version of the R tools link.  The name hasn't changed.  Once it appeared on my licenses page, all when well.  --Dean

Lisa_M
8 - Asteroid

ODBC connections DIED for me - but I needed to edit my environmental variables.  There is now a knowledge base article on this that gives exceptionally detailed instructions (believe me, you need them) and I was back up and running again - How to Edit Environment Variables for Oracle - Alteryx Community

Labels