Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't adjust column width on table/layout/render tool combination

crtakacs
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that creates one spreadsheet with four separate Excel tabs by using four separate instances of the table and layout tools which are combined with the union tool and outputted using one render tool.

On the render tool I have report style set to a custom size of 20 x 11 in order to compensate for one of the tabs that has 19 columns - otherwise it truncates the columns.

I have another tab with only 3 columns, but the columns are expanded out much further than needed - I'm guessing because of the render tool settings of 20 x 11. 

Is there a way to change the column widths for just the tab with 3 columns? I've tried changing the Table tool Table width, as well as the Layout tool Layout configuration to different settings such as changing to fixed and percentage. But the columns are always expanded out too far. In fact the column widths don't change at all no matter how I change the configurations on the Table and Layout tools. 

14 REPLIES 14
sfyodor
7 - Meteor

I was not able to fix the issue. It is also still stretched out even when I disabled the outline for columns and inserted "ghost" columns. 

sfyodor
7 - Meteor

Has there been any progress to add 'wrap text' functionality when using the render tool? 

I really like building reports using this method, but when excel tabs have different numbers of columns this really stretches them to fit the size in the render tool. 

IvanFonseca
7 - Meteor

Hi @sfyodor,

Any update on this? I would like to render a file with many sheets with different column numbers but the render tool settings apply to all.

Let me know if any update.

sfyodor
7 - Meteor

@IvanFonseca , I still have the same issue with not being able to adjust the column width and have not been able to find a way to resolve it. I don't think anyone from @Alteryx is working on it?

IvanFonseca
7 - Meteor

Hi @sfyodor ,

No, the same issue still, no updates.

Labels