Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can't access latest version of Alteryx Designer 20201.1.4 in download area

mike_w
8 - Asteroid

so I thought - after passing the Advanced Exam yay! - to update my Alteryx Designer version.  Designer was popping up this message occasionally, reminding me to do so.

After logging into the download area, (https://alteryx.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal/startPage.do

I can see here, the latest version is 2021.1.4 :

mike_w_0-1618078481617.png

But when I click on "Alteryx Designer" the following thing happens: I directly land on the "previous versions" tab, and the "new version" tab is grayed out! 

I went back and forth a few times and it's definitely not accessible, for me anyway.

As you can see here, the latest version available from the "previous" tab is 2020.4 which I already have:

mike_w_1-1618078750840.png

Does anybody know what's going on? Am I doing something wrong? I searched the community but don't see anybody else reporting any issues with this.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

We’ve had this issue internally and it was something to do with how our accounts were set up, on the licensing home page there may be a drop down where you can change the ‘account’ you are looking at.

if you see something like that give that a try!

Ben

mike_w
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BenMoss ,

thank you for your message. I am trying to make sense of it: when you say "licensing home page" do you mean the link in the upper right corner of the download URL (alteryx.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal/downloadPackageVersions.action?datatype=new&lineId=Alteryx+Designer)?  

Or do you mean the "Manage Licenses" option in Designer itself? 

In either area I don't see anything that might help me. there's an option button under "Manage Licenses" in alteryx, but the only two options available there are "Connect to License Server" and "View partner data license Manager", none of those look to me like the correct thing. 

I am still flabbergasted by this; it almost looks like the "New Versions" tab is intentionally greyed out - but why??! Hmmm. 

Please let me know if you can help thanks!

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

See attached screenshot. In our case, we have the ability to select different accounts via the blurbed out dropdown. Our different accounts seem to give us access to different parts of the platform and different versions.

Ben

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mike_w 

Agree with @BenMoss , maybe your community account is not linked to company account.

Are you using a personal email address?

Better write to support@alteryx.com  for a solution.

mike_w
8 - Asteroid

Oh could that be it? I am not using any company email, I am part of the ADAPT program. So ADAPT students perhaps cannot update the Alteryx Designer version anymore? 

Thinking about it though, this is still strange: I believe when I started I had version 2020.3, then late last year at some point I updated to 2020.4 and I am 99% sure I downloaded it from the same URL. But now the tab is greyed out. As depicted in the screenshot above, I still have access to all 2020 and 2019 versions from the other tab.  

Maybe policies have changed and ADAPT member don't have access anymore to the latest version? something like that? 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mike_w 

So lets drop an email to Alteryx.

support@alteryx.com

Labels