Early bird tickets for Inspire 2023 are now available! Discounted pricing closes on January 31st. Save your spot!

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Can't Include Batch Macro in Analytical App

ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I currently have an Analytical App built on my desktop just fine. When I send to someone else, I get "Entry point Invalid".

I realize I cans end them the Exported .yxzp file, but ultimately I want others to use my workflow without them having the packaged workflow. 

Is there something I can do to make sure the Batch Macros are included in the .yxzp file when I send to someone else? I have yet to find a concrete solution on the community for this issue. The only solution I've seen is to package the workflow, and make sure to Make the dependencies ALL RELATIVE, which I have done and didn't make a difference.

If anyone can respond soon, that would be extremely helpful and highly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ripcityscorp15 

I assume when you packaged up the workflow, you selected your batch macro also?

ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

HI @RishiK ,

Yes, When I packaged up the workflow, I included the batch macros and everything worked fine.

I am in a situation where I need to send to someone and it not be a .yxzp file. Is there no way to save as a .yxwz file where the Batch Macros can work successfully? 

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Another way is to send the macro as a yxmc file (the actual batch macro itself) and the workflow app separately.

This is where Alteryx Server becomes very powerful when sharing workflows, apps, macros.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ripcityscorp15 wrote:

HI @RishiK ,

Yes, When I packaged up the workflow, I included the batch macros and everything worked fine.

I am in a situation where I need to send to someone and it not be a .yxzp file. Is there no way to save as a .yxwz file where the Batch Macros can work successfully? 

The batch macro can be saved on a shared drive and inserted from there. Or the user can save the macro to their local macro's folder.

Can I check why you need to send it not as a .yxzp? I may then be able to come up with the best suggestion.

ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

@JoeS @RishiK 

Hello,

Thank you for your responses. I actually discovered the answer, albeit in a rather unexpected way. 

First, I saved my workflow as a .yxwz file.

Second, I Exported the Packaged workflow to my desktop. 

Third, I then Opened up the Packaged Workflow (.yxzp file) I just saved, which then creates an unzipped folder on my desktop containing everything in the workflow I need.

FInally, I then placed that unzipped folder into a Zip file, and then sent to the user to then use  the .yxwz file. They jsut need to click on it, and it's ready for use. No need for them to open up the packaged workflow, etc.

My main goal for asking this question is that I built a bot that needs to utilize just the Analytical App.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ripcityscorp15 

Glad you managed to get what you need.

As a note, a yxzp is actually just a zip file with a different extension.

If you change the extension to .zip, you'll see it's the same as what you have created (a folder inside with the relevant .yxwz and macros)

ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

@JoeS 

Hi Joe,

I realize it is a zip. The issue I have is when I would unzip the file from my desktop, and sent to someone to use. Nothing WOrked. 

However, when I unpackaged the workflow inside of Alteryx and it "unzipped" onto my desktop, it then worked. Doesn't seem very intuitive.

Thanks

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

That's odd, did you extract everything from the yxzp including the submacro(s)?

ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

Yes

Labels