Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Can no longer save or export anything

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Like the title says, I can no longer save my workflows. I can run what I build, but can't save it.

It doesn't even give an error, it simply ignores me.

When I hit CTRL+S in a new workflow, it used to ask for a name and where to save.

When I go through File --> Save it doesn't do anything either.

Also, when I go to Options --> Export workflow (with an existing workflow), I can't hit browse anymore. It simply doesn't react.

I already tried to reinstall Alteryx (the admin version).

I'm running version 2019.1.6.58192 (running non elevated).

The issue started yesterday when I was running a flow that said "you have found a bug, duplicate then let us know".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mikis

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Well since you said it was working before, I would recommend a reinstall buf after doing a total desinstallation, which means:

1. Uninstall the program as usual
  2. Go to %appdata% (type it on any folder) and look for any file related to the program and remove it
  3. Same with the temp files. Go to %temp% and remove every file
  4. Open CMD (windows key +R and type  < regedit >, go to HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/Software  and remove every folder related to the app as well
  5. Same thing but on this folder: HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software, HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE y HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node

Be careful with steps 4 and 5, sometimes you can brake something unwanted..... Anyways, if you are going to take the risk (which I'm not responsible for btw) I would recommend you to first, after entering into < regedit > to 'File -> Export ' and export the current status. For precaution

Cheers!

Highlighted
5 - Atom

The OP already said he tried a reinstall and it didn't solve the problem. I don't understand why you would recommend a reinstall again. I'm facing a similar issue when trying to save a workflow - it insists on trying to save it as a macro and won't give me the option to save it as a normal workflow. This was working fine yesterday and I didn't get any funky messages since then.

Labels