Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can no longer log into Gallery: Page Not Found

Tally_Hawk
6 - Meteoroid

we have a user who lost their access to Alteryx Designer. I subscribed the user back and can use the Alteryx designer without any problem.  However, when the user tries to log onto Alteryx gallery, they can't authenticate and  it shows " Page Not Found" and the user is unable to log on.  They can't publish their Alteryx workflow to the Alteryx gallery either. I have them clear the caches but still gets the same error for all three browsers(chrome, firefox, and IE). The user has Artisan crediential in Alteryx Gallery. Has anyone seen this issue and have solution(s) to try?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Tally_Hawk ,

What is your server's authentication method? Is the user able to see the gallery home page or even that is not accessible?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Tally_Hawk
6 - Meteoroid

I believe it is SAML since I see the "SAML" display in the URL path briefly before redirection to the homepage. Yes, the user is able to see the homepage itself. I've uploaded an image in case that may help. She looks fine on the homepage, once she clicks "sign in" then it displays the "page not found" (image attached).

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Tally_Hawk ,

Since you mentioned that the user lost access to their designer, I'm guessing that something happened with the account and messed up the user's information.

I would suggest looking into the saml logs in your server to check if the user's information is correct. 

In this link you can find where the log file is located and take a look at the claims there, see if is making sense for the user. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Error-quot-Page-Not-Found-quot-when-l...

Feel free to share the logs here and I will help you.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino

Tally_Hawk
6 - Meteoroid

thank you for that. I checked C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Logs and appears the user's email under "claims" is not listed at all...just first and last name. Does this mean I have to modify the idp manually and if so how would I do this?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Are other users able to access the gallery? If so, the issue is related to the user's personal info.

You need to find the proper team in your company to update the user's email. I don't believe you have permission to do it by yourself.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Tally_Hawk
6 - Meteoroid

anything particular to look at? we already noticed the user's email was not in the same format as others and changed it...didn't help the user be able to sign in.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would look at the gallery logs and see if anything else is prohibiting the user from logging in. 

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/server/configure-and-use-server-logs

Replicate the error and look for CRIT, ERROR or FATAL in there.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Read-Alteryx-Server-Logs/ta-p/...

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels