Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can no longer connect to Sharepoint

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

The Sharepoint list connection is no longer working, it was a couple of weeks ago....  I get the error:

Error encountered: The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft account system

I suspect there may have been an update to sharepoint online/cloud that has broken things, can anybody else confirm if they can still access Sharepoint lists?   Im on version 2021.1.4.264000

Ive confirmed its not an account/password issue and have tried my service account as well as my own account (and Im the list creator) but still have the same issue

3 REPLIES 3
DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi craigja, 

We have an article that provides a few solutions to your Sharepoint connection issue. Please check it out here: Can't Connect to SharePoint - Alteryx

Do let me know if this works for you. 

craigja
8 - Asteroid

So....  The account we were using to connect with had 'Conditional Access' setup on it, no idea what that actually is but it caused the issue.  We also tried changing to App Only Authentication but the articles were a bit unclear about how much security rights were being set and our Sharepoint admin didnt like it too much!  Anyway, we tried that and it could then see the list but brought back no results.  In the end, out IT guys removed Conditional Access from the account and we are all good again.

TGROSPIR
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

Thanks for the hint above. However apparently if my understanding is correct, the "Conditional Access" will be enforced by Micrososft in octrober 2022 and the solution mentioned above will no longer work. See link Block legacy authentication - Azure Active Directory | Microsoft Docs

Is there any other solution proposed by Alteryx to solve that problem and keep the possibility for the tool to access to SHarepoint resources ?

Labels