Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can directory tool adjust import line?

Arno_M
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

How do I get a directory tool to start pulling multiple files from line 5 of each sheet? In my current process, I drop multiple files and adjust the “Start Dat Import Line” to 5. Can the directory tool adjust the import line to 5 so I can union the sheets with the proper headers?

Thanks for looking!

Example1.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Directory Tool doesn't import multiple excel files (or any other file type) it gives you information on the files in a directory. To import these files you have to use an input data tool in a batch macro - and that input data tool can be set to start import form a specific sheet at line 5.

Arno_M
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, Can you please provide an example of the batch macro? Could the Directory tool be used with a dynamic input to pull the files?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-180-Thousand-File-Challenge/td-p/461356

use one of the batch macros in the solutions here. Ignore all non-xlsx types.

Labels