Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can I use a SQL Server user defined function in Alteryx

bobbybalan
7 - Meteor

I have a SQL function that calculates the New Date based on Sale Date and number of days (skip days) passed as parameters to the function. I am trying to avoid using this function and trying to recreate the functionality completely in Alteryx. I can use DateTimeAdd to skip days. However, I want to exclude Weekends and Holidays too. Is there a way to do it in Alteryx?

For example - I want to skip 1 business day from a Sale Date, and find the New Date. I have to exclude weekends and USPS holidays here, so cannot simple say Sale Date + 1 day. For this example assume 4/2/2021 is a holiday. Below are sample sale dates and new dates that I want to calculate. Can someone please share some ideas? Thanks a bunch!

Sale Date: 4/13/2021    New Date: 4/14/2021 (no days excluded)

Sale Date: 4/16/2021    New Date: 4/19/2021 (exclude weekend)

Sale Date: 4/1/2021      New Date : 4/5/2021  (exclude 4/2, 4/3 & 4/4/ due to holiday & weekend)

2 REPLIES 2
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx
bobbybalan
7 - Meteor

Thanks. However this is above my level...LOL!, but I appreciate your input. I am fairly new to Alteryx.

For now I am creating an excel file and joining to the Sale Date to get the New Date. 

Labels