Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can I concatenate row wise data for processing?

Raghu_s
8 - Asteroid

Hello Folks! 

Am trying to set status flags for a entire table result based on a single column. Below is an example. I wanted to build out a record say Table_status_check which should state success or require rerun based on the overall nature /contents of the Summary_check column in the below table irrespective of the number of records I have in this grid. 

Input:  

Example 1:

alteryx_status_flags.PNG

Example: 2 

alteryx_status_flags_1.PNG

Output:

Example 1: 

Table_status_check

Error in results 

Example 2:

Table_status_check

No errors in results. 

Looks simple but misleading for me.

Need some help! 

4 REPLIES 4
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hey @Raghu_s, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. Can you post an example of what you want your end state to look like?

Raghu_s
8 - Asteroid

updated the original post with valid examples. 

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Raghu_s

I have attached a workflow that I think should get you what you're looking for. Within the workflow, I showed how the solution would work with both of your examples. I first added a formula to check if the summary check field contained the word error. If it did, I created a new field with a value of 1. If it didn't, I made the new value a 0. This way, you could take the sum of this field and if it's greater than 0, you know there was at least one error. 

Hope this helps!

Capture.PNG

Raghu_s
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Actually I used a summary as you suggest the very day and got the results! Got delayed to respond you back!  

Labels