Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can I concatenate row wise data for processing?

Raghu_s
8 - Asteroid

Hello Folks! 

Am trying to set status flags for a entire table result based on a single column. Below is an example. I wanted to build out a record say Table_status_check which should state success or require rerun based on the overall nature /contents of the Summary_check column in the below table irrespective of the number of records I have in this grid. 

Input:  

Example 1:

alteryx_status_flags.PNG

Example: 2 

alteryx_status_flags_1.PNG

Output:

Example 1: 

Table_status_check

Error in results 

Example 2:

Table_status_check

No errors in results. 

Looks simple but misleading for me.

Need some help! 

4 REPLIES 4
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hey @Raghu_s, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. Can you post an example of what you want your end state to look like?

Raghu_s
8 - Asteroid

updated the original post with valid examples. 

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Raghu_s

I have attached a workflow that I think should get you what you're looking for. Within the workflow, I showed how the solution would work with both of your examples. I first added a formula to check if the summary check field contained the word error. If it did, I created a new field with a value of 1. If it didn't, I made the new value a 0. This way, you could take the sum of this field and if it's greater than 0, you know there was at least one error. 

Hope this helps!

Capture.PNG

Raghu_s
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Actually I used a summary as you suggest the very day and got the results! Got delayed to respond you back!  

Labels