Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can I add double bottom border in the Row styling rule?

Purpose
7 - Meteor

I hope below is a simple question related to CSS style syntax. 

I am trying to insert Double line if a certain condition is met.  See below capture for the Row Styling Rules from the table tool.     

"border-bottom-style: solid;" expression does generate a single line.  

"border-bottom-style: double;" expression, however, does add any line to the bottom border. 

The output is to an Excel file.  

Purpose.  

5 REPLIES 5
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

On the reporting pallete, on the table tool you will see in Edit Row Rules the same configuration:

Untitled.png

Purpose
7 - Meteor

"border-bottom-style: double;"  It simply does not add any line to the row.  

Purpose.  

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Tried it too.

Checked the table configuration tool and as it says on the page:

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/PortfolioComposerTable.htm

" Borders: Select to have borders on the left or right sides, or both sides, or to not have any borders. "

So it seems there is no option to put a bottom border (maybe I'm wrong)

LanceFace
7 - Meteor

I was trying to do something similar in PDF document output -- was not able to get a double underline, but did get a thicker line by using "Border-bottom: 3px solid black;" - not sure if this is something added recently, but visually accomplishes the same thing I was trying to do with the double underline.

LanceFace_0-1647050947913.png

Hopefully this helps if someone looks this up someday.

AnRo
6 - Meteoroid

It did help. Thank you! 

Labels