Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can Alteryx unzip a file as part of the workflow?

Philip
12 - Quasar

I'm downloading climate data and the files come zipped. Can Alteryx unzip the files as part of the workflow?

The path to one of the files is

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/orders/qclcd/QCLCD201601.zip

40 REPLIES 40
iamjorgensen
5 - Atom

Got the same issue here... really appreciate help here !

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi @iamjorgensen

I think I encountered this error before. Are you possibly selecting both options to unzip to a specific location and copy the zipped file to?

maybe try only selecting one of the options.

I hope this works.

Regards,

Asif 

jogianni
7 - Meteor

what is the pushd "%~dp0"  used for here?

iamjorgensen
5 - Atom

Hi Asif

Sorry for really late reply on this - this issue drowned in other stuff.

I have tried only ""Specify Extract Dir" and "Save Zip Files" - both give the "ziplist.txt" error. 

Brgds

Christian

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi @iamjorgensen

I have also encountered this error, what i have found is that by playing around with the save directory for unzipping files and saving zipped files, the error suddenly disappears, 

try de-selecting a save location and see if this helps

Regards,

Asif

iamjorgensen
5 - Atom

Hi Asif 

Thanks for trying to help - no luck here still sadly after trying to select different folders and deselecting/selecting options.  

Brgds

Christian

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

That is painful, i know how sometimes trying different approaches hoping to get it working feels. especially if you keep hitting errors.

i think the only solution is perhaps share your workflow and maybe one of the senior members can help.

All the Best!

Regards,

Asif

David-UHG
7 - Meteor

Thank you for sharing. How would one who wanted to run this process on the gallery go about it. I see the downloadtempfile and the bat files are on your local c: drive. I would like to run a similar process to run on a NAS drive where Alteryx gallery can execute. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

David-UHG
7 - Meteor
If not, execute powershell
David-UHG
7 - Meteor

I was able to create a flow for my specific use case of ever changing file names from a website using dynamic input tool, after unzipping on the gallery using powershell in the run command tool. Please take a look at my response on this thread. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Read-zip-files-in-a-workflow/m-p/47804...

Labels