Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calling multipe alteryx apps from a single app.

Skapoor1
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone

I am trying to build an app from which i can run another app. For example if i have 10 apps , i would like the user to select from 10 radio buttons such that upon selection one radio button is chained to another app. So far i can only chain i to 1 button.

How can i get my app to call other apps upon input from the user ?

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I don't believe that you can chain a radio button to a specific app, but one alternative would be to leverage radio buttons with action tools to enable/disable containers. This would allow you to have an analytic app that could run different sections of the workflow depending on whether or not a radio button was selected. 

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @Skapoor1 

I use a 'tool-less' solution that offers flexibility to accommodate change, allow for relative paths, and; ability to execute both apps and workflows, etc...provide users links to the the other workflows/apps in the Interface Designer Layout

Capture.PNG

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@HomesickSurfer this is very creative. So these link back to the URL of apps/workflows hosted on the Server?

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Thx @BrandonB 

Yes, apps/workflows on the server eg. @ https://alteryx.______.com/gallery/#!app/*

Labels