Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calling Stored Procedures in Dynamic Input Tool

gayandj
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

This is my first post and I'm fairly new to Alteryx but thanks to the useful knowledgebase here I've been able to find my way. 

I've come across a problem which hopefully someone would have encountered and resolved. Before that let me explain my requirement:

1. Cross check two tables A and B to ensure that all records in A are populated in B.

2. If this is the case I take the record ID in B and update the 'Transfer Status' to 'Y' in table A matching the record ID. The transfer job is handled by a separate interface.

My task is to update the transfer flag based on the record ID. The problem is I'm calling a stored procedure from the dynamic input tool. Reason for using the dynamic input tool is that the transfer flag has to be updated against a given record ID. I have a simple stored procedure in SQL server which takes in the record ID parameter and performs the update. The SP works when executed in the SSMS. However, when the SP is selected in the dynamic input tools I get the following message: Error opening "EXEC SPName <Record ID>": No Columns Returned.

What could be the reason for this error? I've tried returning a value but it still hasn't solved the issue. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. I hope I've chosen the right tool.

Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

11 REPLIES 11
kapilraj18
5 - Atom

I was also facing the 'No Columns Returned' error since yesterday and then realized that for calling sql server stored procedure, we have to manually edit the command in Sql Editor with Fully Qualified Name i.e. DatabaseName.SchemaName.ProcedureName

I hope it helps!

vaishalilambe17
8 - Asteroid

me too getting same error no columns returned even though I configured it

Labels