Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calling AWS CLI on Run Command Tool (Automated Scheduler)

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that lists the files in a particular AWS S3 Bucket using AWS CLI thru the Run Command Tool. 

Commands in the BAT file:

cd\

cd [Amazon CLI path]

aws s3 ls [bucket path] > [file destination path] --profile [profile name] --no-verify-ssl

Errors (actually, warnings) generated:

Insecure request warning: Unverified HTTP request is being made to host [host name]. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised.

The workflow works fine, despite the warnings, when I run manually. The problem is, the scheduler is not generating the desired results.

There are 2 ways I am looking to address this, both of which I do not know how:

1. Address the Amazon CLI command, so that the error (warning) will not show

2. Ignore the Run Command Tool error. This seems to be easier, but can it be done?

RonGatmaitan_0-1665543997290.png

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This is an AWS CLI warning (actually a Python warning triggered by the AWS CLI). The easiest way around this is including a path to a certificate in lieu of your no-verify-ssl tag.

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi @apathetichell,

How to, Sir? Where to look?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @RonGatmaitan 

I really dont know the solution for your problem specific problem with cli, but this macro uses python/boto3 library to see what is inside of s3 buckets and move files. Maybe it is a worth try.

COPY FILES BETWEEN S3 BUCKETS/KEYS - Alteryx Community

Labels