Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calling API multiple times

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I am trying to get stock information from the AlphaVantage API. I need to run for a list of tickers, but it only wants return the data for the 1st ticker. 

In the attached worfklow I have AAPL and MSFT in the text in put tool, but it's only returning AAPL.

Am I feeding the data into the API incorrectly? Are the tools configured correctly? How can I get the api to take and return the results for a list?

The API key embedded is a free one I created. My corporate API key is NOT in the workflow.

Thanks for any help!

Craig

3 REPLIES 3
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @csh8428 ,

If the API limits you to just one ticker per call, have you tried the concept of a Batch Macro. This would enable you to make multiple calls to the API, one each for the different tickers.

Please refer to the below link for more information:-

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started-with-Batch-Macros/t...

Best,

Jagdeesh

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@csh8428 I think there was just an issue with your crosstab. You should group by Ticker and RecordID in your crosstab. Then you can change your select tool to just keep the ticker field and uncheck _null. You don't need your 2 multi-row tools either.

patrick_digan_0-1628533444562.png

csh8428
11 - Bolide

Doh!

Labels