Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calgary backup (BAK) files

BenBald
5 - Atom

Hi, I inadvertently wiped out my calgary database and would like to use the backup (".bak") files to restore it from a prior version.  I've tried the following: 

1. Added ".cydb" to the end of the file name so the full name would look like "filename.cydb.bak.cydb"

2. Did the same thing to a few index files I want to use..."filename.cyidx.bak.cyidx"    

3. Removed the ".bak" from the cydb and cyidx files 

None of these worked.

It looks like #1 worked with adding ".cydb" to the end of the database file but it can't see the index files...no matter what I do to the index file names.  The error I get is: "The file "Monthly-Logins.cydb.bak.cydb" does not have an index named "Login_Month"....even though I changed the name of the index file to "Monthly-Logins_Login_Month.cyidx.bak.cyidx".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @BenBald 

Try removing the extra cyidx.bak from from the index filenames i.e. make them just filename.cyidx.  The main file is looking for an file called filename = "Monthly_Logins_Login_Month", extension= ".cyidx".  What you have is filename = "Monthly-Logins_Login_Month.cyidx.bak" extension =".cyidx"

Dan 

BenBald
5 - Atom

This got me on the right track but it is so weird because I tried that before.   This time around it didn't work either; But! after making the change I set the large database file back to ".cydb" and it worked.   So all files are back to their original file names after removing the ".bak":   "Monthly-Logins.cydb" and "Monthly-Logins_Login_Month.cyidx".   Go figure!  It must have been cached...

Thanks Dan!

Ben

Labels