Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calgary XML List

mieszczak
7 - Meteor

Hello, I'm working with a custom tree file from a user input that will return values based on user selection. I also have a Calgary database that has the same key fields present within it. I would like to be able to take the list option for query and generate my output. the formula I'm using is : '<AND> <FIELD name="Key" type="list"> <VALUE>' + REGEX_Replace([Name], '\n', ",") + '</VALUE>) </FIELD> <FIELD name="GEOLEVEL" type="list"> <VALUE>ZIP</VALUE> </FIELD> </AND>' however it doesn't really do the trick. from a contextual standpoint, Calgary seems to work with item, item or item syntax but not item, item, item.

I also changed my tree to contain <value> number </value> which worked for Calgary but didn’t keep my tree nested. Also, I know that if I could generate a new row from the custom tree <VALUE> 01 </VALUE> <VALUE>02</VALUE> to the list query that I could make it work. Any help would be appreciated!

snipit2.JPG

1 REPLY 1
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@mieszczak The best option here is to update a a Text Input tool with your Tree results and then create the query which would field each value into a batch macro. Please see attached sample for your review

Labels