Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calgary Input tool

sharon_liu
6 - Meteoroid

When i select a Calgary data file with Calgary input tool, i couldn't write query due to there is no field names under fields section. Does anyone could give me some suggestion?  Thanks!  Sharon

6 REPLIES 6
rohanonline
10 - Fireball

It may be worth checking -

* is the input file extension .cydb?

* what are the datatypes of the fields - you can check this by using normal input tool for the file and having a select tool

I can't think of other reasons right now. Is it possible to share some extract of that file?

sharon_liu
6 - Meteoroid

Yes. The input file extension is .cydb. The Calgary datasets contain these columns

FieldTypeSize
Field 1V_WString32
Field 2SpatialObj536870911
Field 3String5
Field 4V_String254
Field 5V_String254
Field 6String3
Field 7V_String254
Field 8V_String3
Field 9Double8

Thanks a lot for your help

Sharon

LonnieY
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This looks like a custom-built Calgary file. When the Calgary was created, were the fields created for query and return?

sharon_liu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the prompt reply, LonnieY. Yes, This Calgary file was created by other team. What I could suggest for them? Thank you.

rohanonline
10 - Fireball

At the time of calgary file creation, they should check the tick-boxes under the index field for those values which you would like to query on.

See snapshot below -

Capture.JPG

sharon_liu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot! I will pass your suggestion to them. Sharon

Labels