Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculating the percentage of a column with different categories

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

I have an excel file containing the data with different column. I want to calculate the percentage of particular column with different categories. Say the column has 3 categories. Then it has to give me the total count and the percentage of each categories in the data.?

Any thoughts please?

Thanks 

Sriniv

14 REPLIES 14
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @sriniprad08 

Just to check, so you dont need column C at all?
In that case i would just remove it from my processing within my workflow, as seen in the attached.

If this isn't the case, my apologies, please let me know if i'm wrong, and it could potentially be worth you attaching a workflow showing what you mean if you can!

Cheers,
Owen

Bulien
sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @TheOC 

Thank you so much. Sorry for the confusion. It worked like a charm.

Have a great day. Thanks for patiently replying.

Cheers,

Sriniv

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @sriniprad08 

Not a problem! Thank you for the fun challenge and glad we could get it sorted together!

Have a great week ahead!
Owen

Bulien
sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @RolandSchubert ,

Thank you so much. Really helpful. 

Have a great day,

Cheers,

Srinivas

sphelps
5 - Atom

Hello,

How do I create a % of a column for two consecutive types of groupings? For example, I have dates and publishers, but I want to create the totals by week of what the total publishers are: 

sphelps_0-1658432252098.png

After the summary and the target/source tool, this is the result:

sphelps_1-1658432332679.png

In this example, it is giving me a total number for all weeks/dates. I would like the totals to vary by date grouping the publishers. 

Labels