Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calculating the Difference for 2 rows

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to get the difference or DoD variance for 2 rows and 2 columns. Below is what I have so far. I just am not sure what tools I need to use or if I need to do something to re arrange my data so I can use a basic formula tool to just [column}-{column].

Jon_Taylor_0-1614882022186.png

Thanks,

Jon

8 REPLIES 8
Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Update i think changing the workflow to first split the position may be the best way to go about this.

Jon_Taylor_0-1614884070216.png

Thought?, Ideas?

Thanks

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Jon_Taylor ,

Is it always two records for each date and Position type?

Are you looking for one record per day?

it will help knowing this beforehand.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@Jon_Taylor ,

I see what you are doing.

It is one record per day..

I assume the DOD Long and short are the difference between the day and the day after.

example

Long of the 28th - Long of the 29th

Short of the 28th - short of the 29th

and then it will carry on like that

Example

Long of the 29th - Long of the 30th

Short of the 29th - short of the 30th

and so on

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Jon_Taylor ,

See if this makes sense to you.

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your responses. It is always 2 days but each day we move forward.

Due to my current version of Alteryx I am unable to see your solution. I have 2019.4 and do not think my company has the latest version. If you could post a screen shot so I can see your thought process at least that would be great.

With that said , I worked in collaboration with some other Alteryx users and was able to find a solution. 

Jon_Taylor_0-1614920327777.png

What we did was take one date and break it out. from there used a formula to flip the signage. After that we could use the summarize tool to Sum the columns. Still working on the output report but you can take a look. Each day the report should deliver an analysis of the current COB date and the prior date. Next report would have 1.30.2021 current and 1.29.2021 Prior. which I believe you see that is what is happening.. 

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Jon_Taylor ,

Sorry for the delay. Time is always of essence these days.

I have attached a zipped workflow which might have been difficult to open.

I am attaching a workflow which you should be able to open.

Please have a look.. It is just another way I guess but as they say all roads lead to Rome.

If you still cant open the workflow let me know. Screen shot below.

Capture24.PNG

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@Jon_Taylor ,

Forgot to attach workflow. here you go.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

BTW @Jon_Taylor  - if ever you have the issue with later alteryx versions, here's the solution: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Differe...

Labels